Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yes this is why I love ice water as well my friend

I've realized that I'm different.

And no, I don't really mean this in the shallow way that most people who claim to be different do. I have similar interests to enough people, and my mannerisms aren't really foreign to anyone (at least I'd hope not), and really, my routines aren't all that different from most people my age either (school, drink, sleep, hangover, repeat!). But what is different is my destination and everyone else's. Actually, I take part of that back. Everyone is far too general to make much sense out of it. Mostly everyone else's. I think that's at least a little more fair. And it all leads back to the American dream.

The American dream. It's a funny concept to me, and I've never really quite gotten it. The white picket fence, the golden retriever/dalmatian/whatever super Americana pet you can think of, the wife and two kids, the car in the drive way, a comfortable mortgage, and health insurance for the whole family. Maybe I'm just commitaphobic, but there is something about all of that responsibility and safety that makes me shout a resounding "fuck that".

Hell, I don't care if it sounds somewhat immature or borderline ridiculous. My thoughts right now are etched on the internet, and in my brain, neither of which are permanent fixtures of history. And who knows? Maybe in time I'll want a wife and kids and house and neighbors and responsibilities, but for right now, I'm down for just being a starving 20 something artist and college student, hoping to break into either music or writing sooner or later, getting piss ass wasted most weekends, and wanting to see all of the corners of the world.

-Joe

4 comments:

Matt Leinart's Beerbong said...

the american dream is for those who've given up on their own.

and fuck you, landshark is tolerable,it's better than bud light or corona

Joe Costa said...

yeah but that's like saying your own piss is better than a trannie hookers. Bud light is horrible and Corona is LITERALLY piss so I mean. It's kinda hard not to be worse. Plus, bud light isn't even REALLY beer.

Matt Leinart's Beerbong said...

bud light has "drinkability" which implies all other beers are made out of some indigestable metal alloy

hooray4cookies said...

Starving musician > White picket fence